Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Compression and copy.

So i was installing Windows Vista on my computer and I noticed it said "Copying Files" followed by "Expanding files" Now i know its nothing and for everyone who has installed Windows Vista its nothing, but i began to think about thos two statements in a very... odd way. Imagine you were a file on a CD, you lived in a compressed file structure, so imagine a bunch of people all next to each other in a very tight place, shoulder to shoulder. Thats how the files are arranged in a CD. Now when you are being "copied" you might feel like you're about to be freed, let loos from your tight prison, but you're not. What actually happens is that a copy of you gets freed from your compressed prison and you stay for as long as that CD stays intact, tramped in a compression chamber, never to experience what it is to be free. Very freaky way of picturing once excistance...=P

No comments:

Welcome to my madness..

Thanks for coming; here you will find a collection of things I randomly come up with. Most of them are a way to vent out how I feel, others are just random stuff my mind comes up with. I like to write short stories on my spare time, hopefully I'll get to post some here too :) So please keep coming back, I post things every now and then and some times more often than others. Again thanks for coming and hope you enjoy what you see, and please feel free to comment!!! :)