Thursday, March 10, 2011

Here again...

I'm back there again, I'm back to where I feel like I don't belong in the house I currently live in. I have omitted "my house" from the sentence because it isn't my house. I don't even have a personal space to call my own. I still share a room with my brother, why? My parents have this flawed view of life and the role their offspring should fulfill in life. Apparently, my mother thinks that I, along with my brother, should work to help sustain our family. But why? I don't want to live with these people for the rest of my life. When is it going to be my turn?

Ha, something funny just happened; my best friend just asked me a question via BBM that hits exactly this very topic. We are planning to move by the end of this year to California, to start something new. He asked me: In a perfect world scenario, when would I move to California and why? The same question I had already presented him with a few days ago. To him I answered this:


Yesterday and because I don't have anything in here that I would like to keep living with. Because to me, Cali represents a way to finally break free. I don't mean to sound dramatic, I don't but I have been living under the same roof all my life. I have been living with the same people all my life and that, well that has imposed an imaginary role for me to fulfill. My parents want me to help with this and that and do this and that for them. What about my this and that? In Cali I won't have to answer to them. In Philly I rarely talked to my parents and it was great! Please don't think I don't love my parents because I do, very much so but I have had it. I don't want to feel like I always have to please them.
 Yeah, I have some grammatical errors here and there but that's exactly what I replied to him. Its all true, I have grown tired of living in this house or any house where I have to live by the same rules. I want to live for myself and by myself. I want to be me all day every day.

No comments:

Welcome to my madness..

Thanks for coming; here you will find a collection of things I randomly come up with. Most of them are a way to vent out how I feel, others are just random stuff my mind comes up with. I like to write short stories on my spare time, hopefully I'll get to post some here too :) So please keep coming back, I post things every now and then and some times more often than others. Again thanks for coming and hope you enjoy what you see, and please feel free to comment!!! :)